Please login or create account
1. David Sigafus is noted in magic as a collector of memorobillia related to the Great Raymond. David first got interested in magic after watching a performance by what magician?
2. The magician in this photo is Maki Kitami of Japan. Here he is shown producing coins out of thin air. In magic this is known as what?
3. One of the most popular professional magicians was Ward Thomas. His specialty was the production of umbrellas and parousels. Prior to developing this act he was known in magic for what?
4. Who was the female mentalist back in the 1930's and 40's who had her own radio show and owned a pink house and pink car?
5. Mago Bustelli of Italy was a big star in the 30's and 40's and 50's and upon his retirement attempted to sell his show to whom?
6. The famed mentalist, Norman Baker, owner of radion station XENT in Mexico (one of the most powerful in the world) was known as the "Purple Shadow of the Rio Grande". In the 1930's he operated a cancer clinic called the Baker Hospital...and was closed down by federal authorities at the investigation of the American Medical Association. Baker claimed he could cure some forms of cancer with proper diet, vitamins and herbs. (which today is considered possible proven by medical science!) and was sentenced to spend several years in Leavonworth Prison. Where was his Baker Hospital located?
7. This magician Raimondi from Italy is seen performing the Vanishing Candles in the 1970's. What famous magician merchandised candles & canes made out of space-age plastic?
8. Who was the magician who wrote many books on magic and magicians and is most famous for writing "The Shadow" character of radio fame?
9. Here is a promotional item from Howard Thurston performing in China in in 1907. Upon his return to North America he toured with a famous magician and became his successor. Who was he?
10. Who was the Phantom of the Card Table?
11. Who once performed as the Great Vancine?
12. Here is a photograph shot inside David Price's famous Egyptian Hall in Tennesee. You'll notice the many framed posters and special attention is called to the one of Long Jack Sasm. Who was he?
13. Who was the husband & wife team known for their "Any Drink" act in the days of vaudeville & night clubs in North America?
14. Houdini had a brother who is noted for perfecting the X-ray. Who was he?
15. Who was the magician who produced a huge rabbit as the climax of his manipulation act back in the 1940's and 50's? Clue: He was noted for his thimball manipulations & productions.
16. Dante set a record for the longest running magic show on Broadway at the Morosco Theatre in the 1940's, a record broken by Doug Henning in the 1970's and Harry Blackstone, Jr. in the 80's....
17. Zaubermister Alvata was a magician and illusionist well known in what part of the world?
18. Landis & Company and the Great Vaudeville Magic Show is headed by whom?
19. Theo Hardeen was the younger brother of Houdini and his real name was Theo Weiss. (U.S. Passport)...In 1938 he co-starred with comedian Olson & Johnson at the Shubert Theatre on Broadway in New York in the show "Hellz-a-Poppin"
20. What magician did Geoffrey Hansen grow up near?